Your organization has a bunch of laptops for all the employees, with some spares in case something goes wrong. There is an IT team that helps everyone install the required pieces of software on their machines and ensures that everyone’s laptops run without any slowdowns. The IT team even suggests which new machines to buy whenever required! So then you’re already set up with a complete IT Service Management system, right? Or is there something that your current setup lacks? Let us find out what IT Service Management actually means, what it includes, and a whole lot more.
Having an effective IT Service Management is not just a technical requirement but a strategic imperative for modern businesses. It helps organizations maintain high service quality, reduce costs, align IT with business goals, and stay competitive in a rapidly evolving digital landscape. Companies that invest in ITSM are better positioned to thrive in an increasingly technology-dependent world.
What is IT Service Management?
Earlier, as the role of tech was relatively limited in most organizations, so was the role of the IT teams. They were generally restricted to being a ‘supporting function’, an outdated notion that a majority of IT teams still carry to this day. However, the role of technology in organizations has changed drastically, especially most recently with the mass adoption of digital technology and AI tools. With this, the role of IT teams in forward-looking, modern organizations has also changed. IT Service Management now involves and refers to all the activities related to IT services right from their design and creation, to delivery and management. From its earlier role as a supporting function, businesses have now started to look at ITSM and IT teams as Business Enablers. In simpler terms, ITSM now includes 2 main roles:
- Ensuring that work keeps moving forward smoothly with current technology.
- Developing new technologies and frameworks, empowering other functions to work smarter.
While this new understanding of ITSM might seem great, why should you switch from traditional IT management to modern ITSM? The role of IT might be changing in most organizations, but your organization seems to be doing just fine in its current setup! All employees are happy with their machines and cases of slowdowns are resolved relatively quickly. So how could you benefit from switching to modern ITSM?
What are the benefits of doing IT Service Management?
IT Service Management is essential for companies for a variety of reasons, as it plays a critical role in ensuring that IT services are delivered efficiently, reliably, and in alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives. While it may not seem obvious at first, modern IT Service Management is beneficial not just for organizations, but also for employees.
1. Benefits for the organization
- Improved alignment of IT service delivery with business objectives – Using modern ITSM helps organizations make IT choices based on the company’s short and long-term goals, increasing the overall effectiveness of IT.
- Reduced downtime due to faster incident resolution – Using the power of AI and predictive analytics, IT teams are able to address issues proactively, reducing downtime significantly.
- Enhanced strategic innovation – An IT team that’s in sync with the organization’s business goals and structure is able to acquire and create tools that help the organization meet its goals easily and efficiently.
- Improved Agility – If an organization is focused on being more agile, the IT team could make appropriate decisions to help meet this objective, for example, choosing cloud computing instead of physical machines for employees.
- Risk Mitigation: ITSM practices like change management help mitigate risks associated with system changes or updates. A structured approach to change reduces the likelihood of unexpected issues and security vulnerabilities.
- Compliance and Security: ITSM frameworks often incorporate security and compliance standards. This ensures that IT services adhere to regulatory requirements, protecting sensitive data and avoiding legal and financial consequences.
2. Benefits to the employees
- Easier monitoring – Using modern ITSM technology allows your IT teams to monitor any potential problems remotely and more conveniently, enabling them to make fixes more quickly.
- Enables Remote Work – Whether it’s the employees working from home or your IT teams, issue resolution in remote work becomes seamless and rapid with modern ITSM.
- Reduced Workload – Relying on ITSM technologies instead of traditional practices means that IT teams get access to granular information about the health and mechanical conditions of all registered devices. This allows them to attack the exact issue instead of having to look for the root cause of a problem, significantly reducing their workload.
- Improved Communication: ITSM encourages better communication and collaboration among IT teams and between IT and other business units. This leads to faster issue resolution and more effective problem-solving.
By now you may be convinced about the merits of modern ITSM. But with the numerous players in the market, which vendor should you go for? Let’s find out.
Choosing ServiceNow to streamline your IT Service Management
ServiceNow is a leading ITSM platform that offers a wide range of features and capabilities to enhance IT service delivery. Their ITSM modules have been shown to help clients simplify IT management, streamline processes, and boost the productivity of many IT teams. They provide a broad and comprehensive range of offerings under their ITSM solution, allowing you to tackle problems ranging from Configuration Management Database and Knowledge Management to Predictive Intelligence, a Mobile App, and a whole lot more.
Here are the ways in which the various tools of ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) help you boost productivity and get the most out of your IT setup!
- Utilize Machine Learning to boost user satisfaction by providing consistent, tested, and proven resolutions.
- Create new content based on knowledge gaps as understood from queries to power continuous improvement.
- Improves resolution times by routing issues to the right agents automatically.
- Boosts employee productivity with two-way communication and omnichannel self-service
- Improves customer and employee experiences by automating common requests
- Provide solutions promptly with 24×7 self-service
- Improves Productivity by providing smart suggestions powered by Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Detect major issues proactively and uncover opportunities for improvement and customer delight
Service Operations Workspace
- Eliminate Silos by bringing all information across departments into a single integrated platform.
Digital Portfolio Management
- Boost transparency and keep service owners in the loop by sharing both key changes and outages proactively
- Always be on top of potential issues by assessing software and hardware development risks proactively
- Enhance employee experiences by providing a unified dashboard to get help from other departments
- Keep your employees abreast of the latest news, happenings, and resources related to the company
In addition to this, ServiceNow offers 15+ additional tools that help you optimize your IT departments to help you take your growth to the next level.
While the ServiceNow platform is an unmatched tool for anyone looking for IT Service Management, getting it to deliver the best possible results for your organization requires a lot of expertise. From understanding your organization’s requirements and creating a tailored ServiceNow Implementation roadmap to tweaking its implementation methodology and providing constant support to adapt the platform to your evolving needs, a lot of factors define how well this platform works for any organization. That is why it’s important to choose an expert when looking to adopt ServiceNow.
ServiceNow ITSM with Digile
As a ServiceNow certified partner, we at Digile have many years of experience in helping our clients get the absolute best out of their ServiceNow implementations.
We follow a comprehensive and proven ServiceNow Implementation Methodology to ensure that no stone is left unturned when it comes to getting the most out of ServiceNow for our clients today and in the future.
Our Process – The Digile Difference
Understanding – Each organization has its own requirements and is at a different stage of digitization. To get a handle on the scope of work required and the exact tools you’ll need to meet your organization’s objectives, we conduct a thorough analysis of your organization’s current position and requirements.
Planning – Once we understand our client’s exact requirements, we create a ServiceNow implementation roadmap that’s tailored to meet the client’s specific needs. This roadmap is meant to clearly outline everything from the prerequisites and the scope of work, to the expected results and process breakdown.
Designing – Post planning, we get to the part of designing the ServiceNow implementation and all of its selected tools This involves tailoring the various pieces of software to make them easy to use for your specific organization and perfect for their specific industrial requirements.
Implementation – To ensure agility and ease of use, we work with our client and their various teams to implement the ServiceNow platform. This makes the transition much smoother and helps our team address any teething issues that the client might face with the new software proactively.
Evolution – As the market changes, so do industries and so do our clients’ requirements. To ensure that the client’s ServiceNow implementation keeps up with their evolving requirements, we work with the client to continuously develop and evolve the platform.
Testing – Through a thorough testing process, we provide a comprehensive analysis, actionable recommendations, and detailed documentation to work towards continuously optimizing the client’s ServiceNow implementation.
Post Rollout Support – We believe in helping our clients meet their objectives well into the future. To this end, we continue to provide comprehensive post-rollout support to ensure that everything keeps running smoothly even post-agreement.
In addition to ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM), Digile offers 5 additional modules of ServiceNow ranging from IT Operations Management to HR Service Delivery, which helps our clients modernize their entire business.
Looking to modernize your business and scale to stay ahead in the future?
Check out our ServiceNow Enterprise Application which helps you modernize not just ITSM, but also other facets of your organization.